The key to cooking great duck legs is cooking them slowly on a low heat. Trust us, they are worth the wait.
- Preheat the oven to 160c
- Piece the skin all over with a skewer or a knife to release the fat as it cook
- Generously season the duck leg with rock salt and ground black pepper on both sides
- For a little extra “Zing” rub the legs with Chinese Five Spice
- Place in a cold tray and place into the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes
- Remove the duck leg. The skin should be nice and crisp and the meat falling away from the bone
Either serve whole or shred the meat off and serve in a salad, wraps or as part of a stir fry.